Bye bye 2011

Hello lovely readers.
So, I'm just sitting here behind my desk again. I won't be partying tonight, I'm not all dressed up with special new year make-up. I do have a 'fancy' outfit on, just to feel a bit festive. You'd probably expect me to party all night with friends, but that's not what I'm doing. I'm sitting here, listening to music and overthinking the past year. 2011 was a bumpy year. It had it's downsides, which I'm not going to put out here. The positive things I AM going to tell you, ofcourse! Positive things in life are supposed to be shared, right? So, in 2011 I made some new friends. All of them are great in their own way and I'm blessed to have them (yes this will be a very sentimental post). I turned 17 and had a great party. My family is doing all fine, which also is very important. This year I made it to the next year in school, and I hope that 2012 will bring me to the next 'school-level' too. I started my blog, which I wanted for such a long time and I finally did it! Oh and I should not forget that this year, I finally lost some weight. Which might sound stupid, but I tried so hard for four years so I'm a bit proud that I finally did it. So, enough about 2011.

It is just an ordinary evening, but there's this little sparkle that brightens up the whole thing ; the start of something new. Although tomorrow will be like all those other days, it's the first of a new year. As we live our lives, we want to do the right thing. We want to love and be loved in return. We want to get high grades in school and make our family and friends proud. Unfortunately, that's mission impossible. There is no thing in this whole wide world which succeeds every single time. There will always be bumps and challenges we have to take to make things work and make dreams come true. This year was very bumpy for me and my family, but obviously we survived. We won't 'get in' the new year without problems, it will never be a completely fresh start. Besides, that's a good thing. Imagine, a new year with everything new? That would be horrible. A new home, a new school, most of all ; new friends? It's my worst nightmare to lose all of my friends with a new start. A new year doesn't mean a completey new beginning, it's a new chance. A new chance to make things work. New energy (unless that's what I try to get from this new year) to put into our friends, in school and for some in jobs, family problems (to solve them) and in their relationship.

I hope that you guys will all have a great ending of the year. At midnight I will make a wish for all of you, and myself, and all the people in the whole wide world, that 2012 will bring us happines, health and strenght to solve the problems and downsides we may have to conquer.

This was very sentimental, so now go and smile.
Bye guys, untill next year!
Love,
Stella


1 opmerking:

  1. Gelukkig nieuwjaar lieve Stel! & we moeten snel iets gaan doen met de chicks, want ik wil jullie allemaal zo snel mogelijk irl een gelukkig nieuwjaar wensen! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen