Special | "Hello, Gutentag, Bonjour, Hallo"

Sweetest monkeys in my jungle.

We all go grocery shopping once in a while, right? At least, I assume, 'cause we can't live without our banana's! -read: chocolate and everything that contains this deliciousness-. So, you get your fashionable Albert Hein, Target, Carrerfour -whatever your local grocery store is called- shopping bag out and arrive at this local shop in or near your hometown.

Sometimes, it's just not your day. You feel like you haven't slept in 3 years, you don't have any make-up on your face.. (stop)

-Okay, some people look amazing without make-up, but most of us girly girls usually don't feel very pretty without. Which I personally think is stupid, because in my opinion, everyone is beautiful is his or her own unique way.-

(continue)..or you have this extremely embarrasing gossip going around about you because last Friday you were walking down the street, glamourously waving to your crush and his or her friends, not expecting the lamppost to be there already and smashing this thing with your whole body weight while also stepping into the biggest dog poo you've ever seen. And because you had no time to go home again to do something about it, your head looked like a smurf -bruises, you know- and your shoes smelt like everything that smells bad in this world at the same time.

Okay, this whole story was just me telling; unless you're in a situation like this, you always say 'good morning/good afternoon/good evening' to everyone. Right? The old lady with her little dog. The man who is always complaining about the weather. The girl behind the cash register. And especially, not to forget, the little kids begging you to give you the little toys that come with every 15 euro's / dollars you spend. -At least, in Dutchieland, this happens quite often.-

Saying hello or goodbye or just saying something, which used to be common habit, isn't so common anymore. What Jim and I realised the past few weeks, is that everybody is living in their own private bubble nowadays. For example, we have these little handy machines called smartphones. We can take our own, well-known friends probably everywhere we go, so we don't feel the need to socizalize in public places like the grocery store. While waiting on my bus this morning, there were 3 persons waiting with me. When I arrived at the busstop, there was only one men saying 'goodmorning' to me. Guess what? He was mentally disabled. It actually touched my heart that he was the only one wishing me a great day with the biggest smile I've ever seen. The other 2 just stood there with, yes just guess it, their smartphones. When the weather is bad, which is a very well-known subject of a conversation with compelte strangers, you just tweet, Facebook or Whatsapp about it. People, in my opinion, or some sort of de-socializing. Why? Saying hello and wishing eachother a delightful day will do good! At least, I always get this humongous smile on my face when the old, sweet lady says hello to me and let me pet her little dog.

Well, okay, let's keep it real, the lady telling me II have beautiful hair doesn't make the whole day the best day in my life. But still, I always, even if I had the lammpost-smurf-poo-incident, and I am telling you the truth here, have a smile on my face when people look at me. -That was probaably the longest sentence I've ever written-. When I see someone looking at me, I lift my head and smile. You have these girls, you know, that  always look at you with this "oh please, my eyeballs would rather book a last-minute flight to the northpole than looking at YOUR face" expression on their faces. Me? I'm just smiling. Do you know these men that always tend to look at you and then give you the feeling that they're thinking something such as: "I'm sexually frustrated, my life is one big mess, my boss is a jerk and I want to touch your butt". And even though this kind of men creep the Pringles out of me, I still smile.

I'm not saying that I'm perfect. I'm not saying that my whole life is one whole perfectly happy thing, 'cause it obviously isn't. But, if I can make someone feel good for just one second by simply putting a smile on my face, I will do that.

These were just my thoughts on just one topic. I hope you like to read these kind of things. I'm just trying out different posts. I hope you'd be so kind to give me some feedback. I will smile at you in return!

Love and good night,
Stells.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen